Our highly rated “How to keep it UP-RIGHT” rider training program is back!
And we’re bringing it to Ipswich!
“How to keep it UP-RIGHT” is a full day practical training course that will help you maximise your riding enjoyment while minimising your risks. You will learn essential roadcraft skills – the very skills that professional riders use to recognise and avoid hazards, and to keep it UP-RIGHT!
You will also learn:
- how to corner better and brake effectively;
- master slow speed turns;
- how your brain and vision work together to improve your riding;
- why other road users don’t see you and what you can do about it;
- how to recognise when one of those “Uh Oh” moments is about to happen, and how to prevent it;
- how to choose the best riding gear, and
- you will improve your confidence and enjoy your riding more.
“How to keep it UP-RIGHT” is based on our highly successful SMART Rider Roadcraft course, and run in conjunction with the Queensland Police Service. The course is subsidised by Queensland Government which reduces your course fees to just $50.
The course is open to riders of all experience levels, and over 700 riders have now been through the program since we started in Jimboomba in 2021.
The course format consists of:
- a classroom session that covers common rider errors and how to avoid them – like why motorcycles are often not seen by other road users;
- a skills session to sharpen low speed skills; and
- a mentored road ride under the guidance of our instructors and QPS Highway Patrol officers.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and the team for the awesome course I attended yesterday and the great delivery of the information. Congratulations on a fantastic course and the team behind it.” – Lynne P
“A big thankyou to the guy’s and gal’s that put these courses together. Also for the police involvement. It was a great day and well presented by some knowledgeable people.” – Jeff O
“The supervised ride at the end just pulled all the earlier discussions and skills together in a practical manner. I truly believe this type of course saves lives.” – Angus H