The Motorcycle Crash Scene Management and First Aid course teaches the skills and knowledge required to perform life saving CPR and to provide first aid, life support and the management of casualties.
The course is designed with motorcyclists in mind, and goes beyond a standard CPR or First Aid course by providing additional information and practical skills specific to motorcycle incidents.
Some of the things you will learn are:
- how to safely and effectively manage a crash scene – the rider, bystanders and the crashed motorcycle;
- what your legal obligations are;
- what your priorities are and how you manage them;
- when, why and how to safely remove a rider’s helmet;
- what you should have in a first aid kit;
- communicating with emergency services – what they need to know and how they can help you; and
- common motorcycle related injuries and how to manage them until help arrives.
All practical activities have been designed around motorcycling!
Motorcycle Crash Scene Management and First Aid is run in conjunction with Pulsestart Training Solutions (RTO 31869) and is fully compliant with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines.
Participants will receive the nationally recognised HLTAID009 (CPR) and HLTAID011 (First Aid) qualifications on completing the course.
More detailed information about the Motorcycle Crash Scene Management and First Aid course is available here, or please call us on 1300 961 335.